Preventative Dental Cleaning in Burlington
Friendly, Relaxed Dental Cleaning At Our Burlington Office
Plaque is common cause of periodontal disease and calculus is the hardened plaque that forms above and below the gum line causing pain, inflammation and bone loss. When left untreated, these conditions can lead to cavities and tooth loss.
Daily dental hygiene is imperative in controling plaque and tartar formation. Unremoved plaque from your teeth can turn into tartar in only twenty four hours. That is why we recommend that you have regular preventative cleanings.
Your prevantative dental cleaning appointment will usually include:
- A thorough review of pocket depths
- Removal of plaque and calculus from above and below the gum line (hard to reach areas that always need special attention)
- Examination of dental radiographs, detection of decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss and determine tooth and root positions
- Visual inspection all tooth surfaces for decay
- Visual inspection of the the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums, including a check for lesions and signs of oral cancer
- Check current restorations, such as, fillings, crowns, etc.
Our dental team provides a professional dental cleaning with the utmost comfort and care, addressing your needs and concerns.
Proper oral hygiene practices and hygiene cleanings are essential in maintaining dental health and keeping periodontal disease under control.
Alton Dental is proudly accepting new patients, contact our dental office at 905-335-4603 to request a consultation.